Even though it was an uneventful storm, it was a dramatic ushering in of a big change: Lil starts five-day-a-week, all-day school tomorrow. (School did not lose power or suffer any damage and so we are confirmed that tomorrow will indeed be her first day.) Here's a picture of her playing the drums in her new classroom. She is wearing her current uniform: a "beautiful dress" and tights--even when it's in the high 80s and humid.
She has also made friends with one of her classmates, Chaya, and we've had a couple of playdates with her, so she'll have a familiar face in class.
I think I'm more worked up about it than she is. Tonight, we were talking about school and she said "I'm not even going to cry." And I thought to myself, I hope I can say the same!
Teddy also starts daycare this week. He'll go three days a week, and there is a cute boy named Zack who goes to the same daycare who was born on April 12, 6 days after Teddy.
I am really looking forward to having some time to myself; Scott put together my first desk since Lil was born today and it is a beauty. I'm also really excited about Lil being in a great school that will broaden her horizons in ways we can't, about both of them making friends, and all of us to settle in to a new routine. I just can't believe it's here and that the baby days are behind us. How does it go so fast???
Here's Teddy, hunkered down with heaps of toys during Irene.

No comments:
Post a Comment