Monday, March 28, 2011

A very big day

Yesterday, March 27, Lillian Frances Rodenhizer officially started pooping on the potty. Not once. Not twice. But three times. (Her digestive system is clearly excited about this new development too.) Phew. She's been tinkling on the potty since Christmas, but for poops she has continued to ask for a diaper. Then yesterday she just disappeared for a little while, then came back in to the living room saying "I pooped on the potty!"

Here she is having a panty party with all her "kids". They are each wearing a pair of big-girl panties, as is she.

I'd like to thank the director at her new preschool, who gave us some pointers. He said that not pooping on the potty was all about control, so we should let her decide as many things as we could -- what to wear, what to eat, etc. He also said that diaper changes were actually something kids look forward to, because you're focused solely on them and you're touching them and talking to them, so be sure to give her lots of physical affection and attention. So we'd been doing that for about a week and I definitely think it helped! Let's hope it sticks. Please please please don't let me be jinxing anything by blogging about it.

Not to be left out of the developmental milestones, Teddy spontaneously burst in to song yesterday. He and Lil go to a music class where they sing "the hello song" and he has been singing the first two notes of that song constantly, and waving while he does it. The song says "hel-LO!" and he sings "la LA!" but it's definitely the tune. When we played the actual song on CD he went crazy, dancing and singing and waving. He even woke up singing it this morning.

SO. Big doins. It pretty much makes up for the fact that they both napped and slept for sh!t this weekend. I've always heard that when they reach a new stage of development, it interrupts their sleep. I would have to say that yes, it's true.

And if anyone wants to call this evening to congratulate Lil, I'm sure she'd love it! Call my or Scott's cell between about 4:45 and 5:45.

No comments: