
This next photo is taken mere moments before he stuck his hand in the lit candle and started crying.

He recovered quickly though, bless him. The ridiculously healthy cupcakes I made brought him back to the light.
Well, cupcakes, ice cream, and a little bit of thumb-sucking.
Lil did pretty well with all the attention Teddy was getting, and even helped him don his birthday hat.
She did use the occasion to pull a couple of outfit changes, a la Cher.
Of course, I couldn't get her to wear her birthday hat on her birthday, but at Teddy's party she was all for it.

But, back to Teddy. At his one year check-up, he weighed 22 pounds and was 31 inches tall. He is very close to walking on his own. He's been sleeping til 6 or 6:30--go Teddy go! Still taking two naps a day. And he says "buh-bye!!" and waves. He and I are both excited that he can pretty much eat whatever he wants now--no avoiding honey or peanuts or strawberries or anything.
Thanks everyone for making the trip. Next birthday party, the drive will be a lot shorter!


No comments:
Post a Comment