Friday, February 25, 2011

Tropical Teddy

Last weekend Teddy and I went to Florida to visit my Gommy. It was 80 degrees and bright blue skies--totally dreamy. Teddy loved it. He is so not a winter baby. When I change his diaper here in our apartment in Brooklyn, his teeth chatter. But in Florida, he was in his element. As evidence.....




Chillin' with Gommy, poolside



I wish that I had photos of him on the beach. He and I spent most days from 4-5 there, when it was still full daylight but the light wasn't so bright. He ate no less than a half-cup of sand on each venture. And he didn't mind one bit.

When we were inside, he spent a lot of time rummaging through Gommy's cabinets. Turns out all those ancient, orphaned Tupperware tops actually do have some use! (Seriously, Gommy saves everything.)





But probably the coolest part of the trip was that I got a chance to actually focus on Teddy, get to know him better, and realize he's a total dream. If he were our first child, we'd be stopping people on the street, telling them about our perfect baby. But then again, maybe he's so cool because we haven't overloaded him with attention. Hmmm... Poor second child.





While we were gone Teddy and Lil spent the weekend in Middletown with Coco and Grampy. Lil slept in a big bed while she was there and came home talking about everyone she saw. Here she is the morning after we got back.


No comments: