You'll notice it's dark, first of all. That's because it was still dark outside (see above). And because I didn't want to use the flash because bright light makes Teddy sneeze and that wouldn't make for a very pretty picture, now would it?
You may also notice that his onesie is fairly filthy around the collar. That's because he'd been wearing it for three days--I wanted to take his photo but each night when it hadn't happened yet, I'd just leave it on him and say "we'll take that photo in the morning." I'm sorry Teddy! Really.
And finally, you may notice that he looks a little sleepy-eyed and perhaps drunk. That's because he's been working his two front teeth for a few weeks now and his sleep has been for sh*t. Bless his sweet little heart.

In other news, the days of him sitting placidly eating a banana or chewing on a toy are gone. He's not crawling yet, but he's coming forward on to his hands and knees, scooting around, and pulling himself up to stand on anything he can grasp. He doesn't even want to sit in his high chair for long--he wants to get out and stand up facing the back of our banquette. He loves to walk if you hold his hands. Turns out this kid has some fire in him after all! (He is a fire sign, an Aries, after all.)
He also said "uh oh" the other day when he dropped his sippy cup (he can hold his own cup, but no real progress on the bottle yet). Not sure what to call his first word. He says mama very sporadically, and I think he said nana (for banana) once, and now uh-oh.
And finally, he's a real whiz at playing the kazoo. Scott took a video of it--I'll post it soon.
And now, for your viewing pleasure, is a link to Lil at 10 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment