Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Lil

After the post with the video clip of Lil crying, I got emails from pretty much every grandparent saying how sad it had made them and how worried they were about Lil. (One parent of two children two years apart said it had made her feel strangely happy, since she thought it was only her own kids who had epic meltdowns.) I just wanted to assure everyone that Lil is indeed still happy the vast majority of the time. Here's some photographic proof:



Rocking a new hairstyle



Playing on the steps at a stoop sale with her friend Adriano


OK, she actually wasn't that happy in this shot as she didn't like the double stroller at first, but thought you might enjoy a glimpse of our new stroller reality.


She's getting really eloquent with her language and communicating so well about what's troubling her. This weekend she had the Coxsackie virus (yes, that's the actual name, also known as foot and mouth disease or something equally creepy) and she would tell us, "My hand is itchy," "My mouth stings," "My head hurts" so we knew exactly what was going on with her. Then she had a run-in with a mean kid on the playground and she wanted to talk it out last night at bedtime, saying "She said 'That's not for you!' and I was scared, I didn't know what to do.'" It can be hard to remember that she's only 2-1/2.

She's enjoying putting on her own pants, shoes, and tights. And she's had two poops on the potty so far. Scott has some great videos of her hamming it up for the iPhone, I'll see if I can co-opt some of them to publish here.

1 comment:

Poppy said...

I love the new hair style. Very, ummmm, STYLISH!