Phew, another birthday extravaganza has come and gone!
I can hardly wrap my brain around the fact that Lil is 5. She's a big kid now. I really need to get with the program though, she is raring to go. Five minutes after having her birthday pancakes this morning (her actual birthday), she asked me when she could dye her hair. I asked her what color she was thinking. She replied pink. I said 18.
Here are some things she got for her birthday:
* Tea set
* Big girl bike
* Piggy bank (I asked her what she wanted to buy when she had $10, she said 'a peppermint sandwich')
* Little House on the Prairie book
She also got a bowling party on Sunday, which, sadly, she had the flu for. She'd had it for 2-1/2 days before the party. Then she woke up that morning with no fever, saying she wasn't sick any more. So we went. At the party, her fever can roaring back and she said she wanted to go home. I felt like a bad parent for about 10 seconds, then asked Mom to go get some Children's Tylenol. We doped her up and she felt better by cake time. (She also got to stay home from school the next day and totally recuperate from both kinds of fever -- literal fever, and bowling fever.)
Happy birthday, big girl!
![]() |
| Party ambassador Toni tells us how it's done |
![]() |
| Lil throws out the first ball |
![]() |
| The kids used a metal ramp to help them launch their balls all the way down the lane |
![]() |
| Moments before Teddy stuck the back of his head in the cake and got a huge wad of greasy blue frosting in his hair. |
![]() |
| A boy and his balloon |
![]() |
| Post party |







No comments:
Post a Comment